by Andrea Barbosa & Angela Bailey SWFLBN Chapter Leaders The way that a woman experiences childbirth can profoundly affect her mental, physical and spiritual well-being. Postpartum Support International states that post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) following childbirth is experienced by 1-6% of women, most often caused by real or perceived trauma in labor or postpartum. Reasons can include poor communication and lack of support and reassurance during the delivery and/or having an unplanned cesarean. Many women are choosing to become informed about all of their childbirth options, yet there are many more that are…Read more …
- When Motherhood Hurts
- Some Like It Hot
- Microbirth Documentary – Watch the Trailer Free and Stream Online | Alto Films
- Heads Up – The Disappearing Art of Vaginal Breech Delivery | Informed Pregnancy
- What’s in Your Birth Bag?
- Call For Donor Milk: Lee Memorial Health System Opens Breast Milk Depots
- Why Babies and Music?
- Vaginal Birth After Cesarean (VBAC)
- Birth As Initiation
Follow Us on TwitterTweets by @swflbirth
An alliance of individuals and organizations with concern for the care and well-being of mothers, babies and families. We promote the awareness and availability of Mother-Friendly maternity care and believe that safe and satisfying births can take place in hospitals, birth centers and homes.