by Nancy F. Prevatt, RN, CCE, CD (Charis) joyfulbirthing.net Resting at the foot of the bed lay a birthing kit, soft echoes of praise and worship can be heard throughout. Candlelight dances around the room and bounces off the mother’s glistening body. Gently embracing, they sway to the rhythm of the mother. No matter what ensues she feels safe, supported, relaxed, and comfortable. These elements of the birthing environment are essential in the release of the hormones needed for labor to progress effectively. Creating a similar environment as you would for an intimate evening with…Read more …
- When Motherhood Hurts
- Some Like It Hot
- Microbirth Documentary – Watch the Trailer Free and Stream Online | Alto Films
- Heads Up – The Disappearing Art of Vaginal Breech Delivery | Informed Pregnancy
- What’s in Your Birth Bag?
- Call For Donor Milk: Lee Memorial Health System Opens Breast Milk Depots
- Why Babies and Music?
- Vaginal Birth After Cesarean (VBAC)
- Birth As Initiation
Follow Us on TwitterTweets by @swflbirth
An alliance of individuals and organizations with concern for the care and well-being of mothers, babies and families. We promote the awareness and availability of Mother-Friendly maternity care and believe that safe and satisfying births can take place in hospitals, birth centers and homes.